This recipe came from a midnight (okay it was 10 pm) craving for cake. All the mug cake recipes I've seen have been for chocolate cake and I have to be in the right mood for chocolate cake. Last night was a strawberry cake kind of mood.
- 10 Tablespoons flour (I used gluten free all purpose flour, but you can use whichever type you would like)
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 plump strawberries
- 1 mug :)
- Mix the dry ingredients directly in the mug with a fork (no need for extra dishes, it is midnight after all)
- Stir in oil, vanilla and water and mix thoroughly.
- Cut up two strawberries into small chunks. Stir into the batter.
- Microwave on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, checking every 30 seconds after the one minute mark. You don't want to over-bake.
- Cut up the remaining two strawberries into slices. Place on top.
- Enjoy your midnight snack!