Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tofu Scramble


Have you ever missed scrambled eggs? I know I have. I don't miss causing suffering of hens or the killing of male chicks anything, but I miss the quickness of just whipping something up that only takes a few minutes. Miss it no more, for I bring you tofu scramble! This stuff is addicting. Whenever I make it, I wish I had made more. The great thing about it is that it is so versatile. You can add veggies to it, use different spices, eat it plain, put it in a wrap. You can eat it for any meal, or just a snack. I can't promote tofu scramble enough!

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces soft tofu
  • 2 tbs nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 2 tsps cumin
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • Olive oil
Procedure:
  1. Drain and press tofu. Because it is soft, it will most likely crumble and be squishy but that doesn't matter. 
  2. Cut up tofu in whatever size pieces you feel like. They can be all the same size, or different sizes. They'll break apart when you cook them anyway.
  3. Fry the tofu with a little bit of oil in a frying pan. Stir often.
  4. Once tofu starts to brown, add seasonings and nutritional yeast. Stir to incorporate. 
  5. It's ready to eat as is, or put it on a sandwich or something! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment